Friday, January 23, 2009

Jezebel's Valentine to Daddy, Day 22, and I've been tagged!




























My Hello Kitty Cricut cartridge FINALLY arrived and I was so anxious to try it out. Jezebel wanted me to make a Valentine for Daddy IMMEDIATELY and I was happy to oblige. This cartridge is really a no brainer with shaped cards already on there for the cutting (no messing with welding in Design Studio) so I was able to do it all yesterday afternoon at Leah's (BeeCherryLady on the Cricut message board) while we gabbed away. LOL Jezzie chose red, black and white to match the cards Goliath and I were giving DH (I'm surprised she didn't want pink and sparkly) so I decided to cut the bow and heart out of red metallic cardstock to add a little bling. The bow was cuttled with my Swiss dots Cuttlebug folder and "I love you " was embossed on the heart. The kitty herself I cut out of white glossy cardstock and I added some glossy accents to her eyes and nose and popped her bow, the heart and paws for dimension. A really simple card but isn't she sweet!? This is card #22 for Jen's card a day challenge. Be sure to pop over to her blog HERE to see all of the gorgeous things she's been creating.


Also I was delighted to see that my new blogging friend Linda at Pinklilacs had tagged me. This is a fun way to get to know your cyber friends better. In this case I was to go to where I store my pictures and find my 6th folder and post the 6th picture in the folder and explain it. Mine is a picture of my family room fireplace all decked out for Christmas. All my rooms have themes for Christmas and the family room is "Christmas in the Vineyard" as we live in Livermore which is CA wine country of the East Bay (of San Francisco). Now I shall tag 6 friends who visit my blog that I would like to get to know better. They are:





Click on their names to view their fabulous blogs. Hugs!



12 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card! I love the colors...Jezebel must have very good taste!

    Have a great weekend!
    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card Donna! You are soo enabling me! I was wondering why the picture of Christmas was on there too, LOL then I read below that you had been tagged. Too funny! TFS

    hugz,

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna This card is sooooo cute love it.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Donna
    this card is sooo adorable you shpuld really stop enabling us lol! BTW I have seen your message with the award and thak you so much! I will post it after I have motivated myself to make a card then at least I will feel deserving of your lovely award

    Hugs

    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!!! You got it!!!! And this is sooooo cute!!! Love it Donna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh I love that Hello Kitty card and I want that cartridge so so much. The credit crunch is making my husband ban me from any more craft spending for the moment - boo hoo. I guess when you have to wait for something it makes it more special in the end!!

    Love your christmas picture too. Make me feel all warm and fuzzy!

    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have cartridge envy!!! I love Hello Kitty; she aways makes me smile! Your card is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH now I am jealous!!! She is so stinkin' cute! Super card and good for you for using your cartrdige right away! Woohooo! Enjoy your new cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Kitty card turned out sooo cute. Thank you for tagging me Donna... how fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Donna, thank you again for tagging me, how fun that was... well, I can link from my blog but don't know how to link from say here if I wanted to leave a link in this message, can you tell me how????

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Donna thanks for tagging me and I have to say I think your Hello Kitty card is super cute! Ive responded to the tag at:
    http://leighsobsession.blogspot.com/2009/01/6-picture-meme.html
    Keep inspiring us all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. By the way, you inspired me. I ordered Hello Kitty!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!