Monday, April 27, 2009

BBTB Doodle Charms border feature challenge-"Popsicle Toes"


What a fun challenge this week at Bitten by the Bug! Regina chose the border feature from Doodlecharms and it was our choice! Of course I couldn't resist the popsicles so I made my own little "Popsicle Toes" card by welding mutiples of the border popsicles to the feet from New Arrival and a rectangle from George.


The sentiment says "are always froze" which are words from the song my Michael Franks. (My fave version has got to be Diana Krall's) "Froze" is welded in Design Studio using Mickey Font and "are always" are from Opposites Attract. I added the Brrr... from Graphically Speaking to balance the design.
I used the little wooden stirrers from Starbuck's for the sticks and added Glossy Accents to the popsicles to make them look like they were melting. I also did that on the Froze and Brrr... but added some glitter on top so they still looked "froze". (Hmmm... why didn't I just use stickles?)
Of course I used a wad of dimensionals and some fun adhesive gems. I also tried to chalk my toes a bit blue which is the way mine ALWAYS look no matter how warm it is. LOL

Be sure to stop by Bitten By the Bug to see all of my Design Team Sisters' fabulous creations. We are even having a blog hop with some candy being offered. Sorry I was caught a bit off guard because of my Birthday today so I sorta dropped the ball on this but there's lots to be had so go check it out and please play along.

21 comments:

  1. This is too fabulous! All of your creations are so inspiring. Great, great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Donna, this is so you! The card is adorable! Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ACK!! ACK!!! And Double ACK!! LOL!!! This is the most adorable card I think I've seen in a long time!!! You work such magic with that DS!!! You're just so danged creative! LOVE IT!!! I couldn't wait for you to post it! LOL!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this is a fab creation. So clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...I never would have thought that anyone could make something so beautiful from ice-lollies and feet...I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This is truly one of the most creatively beautiful cards ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! Once again you worked your DS magic and came up w/ a work of art!

    P.S. I went to a crop at Custom Crops this past weekend and your name came up! I can't wait until May!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a treasured card to be sure! So creative and unique and HAPPY colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Too cute Donna! Fabulous and fun! I just love it!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh, this is amazing! LOVE those popsicles!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool Donna!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PS - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well Happy BDay!!! this is too stinkin cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is just too cute!!! I love the use of so many cartridges and all the creativity behind it...
    I also want to wish you a very very Happy Birthday...wishing you lots fun and lots of goodies LOL
    Happy Birthday to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Donna, this is just too stinkin' cute girlfriend. I knew when you were talking about it, is was just going to be fabulous. This is so you, and to have it on your special day is just awesome. Wishing you a very special Happy Birthday my friend. Enjoy!!!!

    Hugz, xx

    L~

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG Donna this is about the cutest card that I've ever seen! You are so darn creative!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are one creative lady. Love those popsicles and those sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. First of all a belated Happy Birthday to you!! I've not been around for a few days so sorry I missed it! Hope you had a wonderful time and plenty of wine!
    Now the card Wow Donna how fabulous is this and It's you Pipsicle toes!! You must put this card in your header!
    Big Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is too cute for words...and it makes me wonder, what are popsicle toes?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the cutest card I have ever seen. I love the layers and everything about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!