Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We're Falling at The Cuttlebug Spot


This week at The Cuttlebug Spot we're featuring a Fall theme. WooHoo, now we even have some cooler weather here in CA for some inspiration! I was also inspired by SusieB on the Cricut message board and decided to do a little treat bag like those she did for Halloween. Click HERE for her post and instructions. I decided to use my new Nesties Maple leaf for the flap and the autumn Cuttlebug folder which I inked a bit and shimmered up with Perfect Pearls. The other leaf is the Cuttlebug cut and emboss die. I used a piece of packaging from one of my Cricut cartridges and ran it back and forth until it pretty much cut through (about 4 or 5 times and it still needed a little punching but not too bad) and then used alcohol inks to color (on the back side). Then used my cropadile to punch two holes through all of the layers and tied it up with raffia.

I know the first pic doesn't really show it's a treat bag, but it did show the glimmer a bit better. Hmmm... this pic doesn't really show it much either but you get the idea. I always make spiced pecans at Thanksgiving and thought these would be nice for favors. So fun and easy! Thanks SusieB! Now drop on by The Cuttlebug Spot to be inspired to join us with your own Fall themed project.

14 comments:

  1. I love the colors and how you did the leaf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Donna, that looks awesome! Can I stop by for some of those pecans? ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh, Donna! That leaf looks just like the real thing! Gorgeous colors and love the look of the Perfect Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sooooooo beautiful, looks like it is right out the window of Nieman and Marcus. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. i thought the leaf was real!! fantastic fall bag :0) and i am so thankful we have cooler weather this week

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Love the bits of shimmer and the fun raffia tie!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on the CB blog and had no idea it was a bag....its awesome !!! And you used cart packaging....you are just TOO smart!!! Love that leaf..its gorgeous !!xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna this is gorgeous, those leaves are stunning. Love the rafia tie just adds that final autumn feel.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is goreous Donna. Perfect for your spiced pecan treats.Love how you inked the embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, I have been SO bad about the blogs lately..but here I am! I miss you..my kids miss you..but don't come over now, we're sick! uck!
    LOVE this project, I am SO ready for Fall! The embossing really turned out great w/ this, so warm and inviting!!! smooooch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Donna I have really missed seeing your fantastic creations lately and this is no exception it is beautiful
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl---this is just darling...and look at the rest of your eye candy posted below. It looks like you all had a blast at the swarm to. I wish I could be there this month for your slumber party. I sooo envy all of you. I am your BIGGEST fan and have missed all of your posts this past month. Have a lovely day sweetie....hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!