Sunday, January 24, 2010

BBTB2 Sweetheart Love Stamp Challenge and Wow What a Party at CHA



Holy moley, I've lost track of the days! Day 1 of CHA was AMAZING but I'll get to that later (if I manage to stay awake). This week on BTTB2 the lovely and talented Marina has chosen the Love Stamp from Sweethearts. Fortunately I was inspired in time to complete the challenge before my trip. This traditional card was layered with the heart window cut through all of the front layers to reveal a sneak peak of the couple inside. The colors were inspired by our first BBTB2 contest of using purple on your Valentine. The stamp layer was embossed with one of the new HSN Cuttlebug folders and the"sweetheart" was cut from, oh oh, I'm having a senior moment. Was it Sweethearts too? I don't think so but I'm WAY too tired to look it up...sorry!
Inside reveals the full couple and the computer generated sentiment"You swept me off my feet" printed on a heart cut with my Nestabilities. I thought this would also be cute for an anniversary.


Here's the dimensional view. It's WAy past my bed time (for the third night in a row) and honestly I'd LOVE to amputate my feet at this point! BUT...

The ProvoCraft party tonight was sooo amazing! I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the "cake walk" participants along with Nilda (WooHoo Cuttlebug Spot!) and unlucky enough to be the first one out but to my surprise, because of that, I received an extra gift besides the gorgeous Williams Sonoma cake gift basket in honor of the launch of Cricut Cake; a 2 cartridge gift of the Christmas/Noel and Designers Calendar. AND as if that wasn't enough, EVERYBODY was a winner. WE ALL received the Sweet Treats cartridge (which I did NOT have yet) and yes, you guessed it A CRICUT CAKE MACHINE!!!!!!!!! OMG! Thank you Provo Craft, and DOUBLE, TRIPLE, QUADRUPLE thanks to Custom Crops for inviting me to come along to CHA! You guys are THE BEST (and WAY too much FUN)! Tomorrow we'll be visiting even MORE exciting new products at CHA. Pinch me, I must be dreaming! Night night.

24 comments:

  1. Oh Donna fabulous card love love love the colours and the couple inside peeping through the heart stamp just wonderful!
    OMG look at all your goodies!!!!! What a wonderful time you're having! I can't wait to see your decorated cakes!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Sweetheart card and peep hole....too cute!

    Wonderful, lucky you! So glad to hear you're having a blast at CHA and can't wait to see all the lovelies you create with all your new goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! MY jaw is on the floor! I don't even have words! We'll have to chat when you get home. So glad you're having a terrific time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! In all the exciting news about CHA, I forgot to comment on your beautiful card! I love the heart peephole and totally dig those colors Donna. Another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic..... i love your card, of course...but oh how fun to see that you won a few wonderful things.
    Are you telling me you won that wonderful burdandy colored Cricut machine? I want one, not for decorating cakes but for all other things paper. congrats... lucky you... hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna great project, mine is late, late late, but hope to have it up today sometime. So glad you are having a wonderful time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Donna !!
    And you are sooooooooooo lucky !! Wow. Enjoy :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG...wooohooo!!!! Congrats on your goodies...how fun!!!!!

    About your card....It's so adorable...I love colors and the printed couple is so darn cute...
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card..I think that could have been hard to keep it all in that tone but you did great!
    I can not believe you scored that big! go you! Thats even better then I thought you would get! Now you can make Jordyn's cake for her 4th bday! even better! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card my friend, I see you managed to get it like you wanted it. Love the color coordination too. Yippie!, I am glad you are having so much fun at CHA, and WOW what an awesome win my friend. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting Donna, I am so happy you got the cake machine.. can't wait to see you awesome cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOOH you lucky girl!!! How awesome is that going to be to see what you creat with the cake machine! Color me green!

    Have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://creativedesignscakes.com/

    Linda Mcclure's site where she sells her DVD's about using the cricut or any paper cutting system to decorate cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. http://creativedesignscakes.com/

    Linda Mcclure's site where she sells her DVD's about using the cricut or any paper cutting system to decorate cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. http://creativedesignscakes.com/

    Linda Mcclure is the one who created the gumpaste cutting idea. She sells a DVD on her site on how to use any paper cutting machine to do it. She's done it since 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  16. well you lucky ducky you.....awesome card and looks like you had a ball..hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you're having a blast! And getting lots of goodies too! WOOHOO!!! Love your card!! It's beautiful for any occasion! Have fun today!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so so so jealous, LOL but I am so very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card...even greater freebies for you!!!! WOW! I hope your feet feel better!!xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  20. The colors on your card are absolutely gorgeous. I'm green with envy over your good fortune at CHA. Enjoy! Hugs, Jeri

    ReplyDelete
  21. Donna I love this card! Purple is my favorite color! How lucky you are to get all that good stuff!! I can't imagine the cakes you will create with that machine!! So happy for you!!
    Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous card Donna. I love the dimension! Happy to hear you had a wonderful time! Who needs sleep when you are having such fun?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love the colors and the detail in this card. That couple is so cute and the sentiment is perfect. This would be a great anniversary card. Congrats on the fun prizes at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Donna, what can I say..I just LOVE this card! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!