Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The Cuttlebug Spot Black and Silver Color Challenge



This week at The Cuttlebug Spot is a color challenge featuring black and silver. I used my Star Nestablilites in a variety of papers. The background is embossed with the Cuttlebug Stars folder using glossy black cardstock and the stars themselves with The Chriawesome is a metalstmas Stars limited edition folder, available at Custom Crops, my favorite Swiss Dots, and the smallest one with the background folder again. (How convenient it was the perfect size!) "Awesome" is adhesive metal from M's.
Here's the dimensional view. I was very pleased with how easily the Nesties cut the glitter paper.
Inside is another glitter star with the sentiment printed on acetate and attached using a frame so the adhesive wouldn't show. I thought this could be used for a number of occasions, like graduation or a job promotion. I'll file it away in my male card drawer which is usuallypretty empty. Be sure to stop by The Cuttlebug Spot to see the great designs from my teammates.
We're still at CHA and today is going to be a busy day. The Custom Crops videographer is here and we'll be filming at a number of booths to bring you the latest and greatest. I'll be sure to give you links when they are available on UTube. In the meantime, say a prayer I don't totally make a fool out of myself. Never done any filming before...YIKES! Fortunately if I'm a total bust, Natalie and Miranda, the pros from Custom Crops can rescue me. Sorry no links, no time, but I'll add them later. Gotta go!

14 comments:

  1. Just too cute... I am so excited that you are still there having so much fun... can't wait to hear how much fun you had and all the things you won... I am sure you will do fine on the video..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the embossing and dimension on this one! Sounds like you're having a blast at CHA. I'm sure you'll be great on film, I can't wait to see it!
    Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The stars are perfect and congrats on your prizes!! I know you are having the time of your life!! Enjoy, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors and the layered stars. about filming...you will be just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, Wow, love this faboulous card the textures and colours are wonderful and speaking of stars, I can't wait to see. Have a wonderful time. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is absolutely beautifull Donna !! Wow.

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card for the challenge. As always, you are AEWSOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, this card is AWESOME!!! Glad your having fun....I'm sure you will rock the video!!
    xoxox Joy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna, this is beautiful! All the texture and dimension is perfect!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool! I love all the layered stars!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fab card Donna! love all the stars and how you did the acetate sentiment. This is a perfect card for a male.
    Can't wait to see the videos and I'm sure you will be great at it!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the different shades of silver and the dimensions the embossing and glitter provides. Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!