Thursday, January 7, 2010

I Stink I Love You!


First off, I'm sorry you'll be singing the old Partridge Family song the whole rest of the day but it couldn't be helped. LOL I just got a bunch of the new Cottage Cutz Camping Release dies from The Scrapping Cottage and the cute little skunks just cracked me up! There are actually 2 included on this die (the other guy is on all fours) but his little outstretched paw is so cute I picked him. I wish I could say the sentiment was original, but I'm pretty sure I saw it last year on the Cricut mb. Was it you, Shelly or maybe Kris, possibly Carole? All 3 of these ladies have quite the sense of humor. Anyway, I cut this little guy out using my Cuttlebug, colored him with my Copics, and added a little metal adhesive heart to his hand. I made a tent topper card by mounting him on the largest of the regular and scalloped heart shaped Nesties. The sentiment is computer generated and the white heart is embossed with the tiny heart folder from the Cuttlebug With Love card-making combo. It's mounted on an A2 card with a Fiskers Threading Water border along the front. The DP is from a little $1 mat pack I got at Target. There are quite a few adorable animal dies in the Camping Release as well as some great things for the man in your life (and we all know what a PITA male cards can be). There's also a preorder for the new Valentine's Release which is YUMMY so be sure and check it out.
There's just enough dimension to keep this card interesting. I popped the scalloped heart, the skunk body and his head. I stuck the ribbon down with 1/18th inch Terrifically Tacky Tape and made the bow with my new Bow Easy (which I'm finally getting the hang of. LOL) The inside is lined with the second half of the DP over the strip of red that shows through from the front. Besides the corny pun (my DH groaned and said "Well, I guess that's part of your card culture") I think it's pretty darn cute. Sorry about the lighting. Should have asked Santa for a photo studio. Well I'm off to a hair appt. this am. See you after I'm beautified!









21 comments:

  1. well this is so stinkin cute and adorable Donna!
    I know what you mean with the light I'm having same problem and I've been searching on ebay for a light box!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Way too cute! I love a good punny Valentine!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh donna this is super cute!! and i always watched that show when it was on! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so stinkin' cute. It was not me that came up with that sentiment, so it had to be one of the other gals. Sharon and Kris both have the cutest sentiments that really fit their card. Shelly as well.
    Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. And what do you mean - you will see us when you are beautiful... you are always just adorable...
    And this card is sooo adorable. metal adhesive, where do you get that?? I think I could use some. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Donna....the sentiment may be corny but it so fits with the little 'stinker'!!!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely the cutest, love love that skunk. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG OMG OMG!!!! LOL!!! I LOVE this card!!! Absolutely adorable, Donna! Love it, love it, love it!!!!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How adorable! Love that skunk. My husband would roll his eyes at this kind of humor, but I love it!!

    Cindy(:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way too stinkin cute! He is just adorable. I think the pun is very humourous.

    Hope you enjoyed your beautifying, not that you need it at all, but it is still good to be pampered.

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL...I love this card...I think my boys would get a kick out of that...my have to lift :)
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol Too stinkin cute !!! Just adorable ! xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How gosh darn stinkin' cute, Donna! I love that skunk!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hiya babe! Geez no wonder your hair ALWAYS looks good! LOL!
    What a FUN card! I love it! And he (the skunk) is beyond darling! I can't wait to see what else you got from them (other dies).
    I just got a card in the mail, it is to die for, from Magic Wanda..we have found so many wonderful friends through crafting...like you and I!
    Feeling lucky and blessed today!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorably cute Donna,
    big hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna - I think this is pretty darn cute too! It wasn't me (for the sentiment) but I remember seeing it too! This little skunk die is just adorable. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  17. Donna, this card is stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope you don't mind...I'm borrowing your sentiment for my Papertake Weekly post on Tuesday. I just HAD to! LOL! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. He is sooooo cute Donna !!! Wow. So lovely :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  20. very cute..I love the saying wiht that cute little stinker...lol...awesom and fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!