Thursday, January 28, 2010

I'm HOME!!!!, The Winner, A Quick Card, and CHA Pix



Wow! What a fabulous experience. I can't tell you how much fun and excitement there was at CHA but after 6 days I must say I'm exhausted and glad to be home to my DH and kitties. Thank you Custom Crops for the wonderful experience! You guys are THE BEST! I have to say I went through a bit of a withdrawel not being able to craft (although we did have some fun at the make and takes) so the first thing I did was to make a quick card using a new brand of embossing folder from Crafts-Too available at Custom Crops. They arrived just before I left so it killed me not to have a chance to play. Although I bought them all, I think my favorite is the Leafy Tree.

This card literally took me 5 minutes to make (which was about all I could handle this morning) but I LOVE how it turned out. Premade card, pink mat, gorgeous embossed tree, and puffy conversation heart stickers I got at M's last year. It reminds me of a "Heidi tree." (Meaning Heidi Van Laar whose fresh clean style I admire greatly but can never seem to pull off. She's particularly fond of the tree motif, so what do you think Heidi?)



Hang with me here guys, I'll get to the giveaway winner of the My Pink Stamper Volume1 DVD but I'm dying to show some more pix. Day one at CHA we literally RAN to the Tim Holtz booth before it as mobbed. We did a gorgeous jewery make and take and took pix of hundreds of projects and new product. Besides all of the cool hardware and stuff I was most impressed with his new embossing folders coming out from Sizzix. Even if Tim's style is not your own, I guarantee you'll want to take a look at these (Of course I can't find my pix but just had to mention it.) Here's Natalie, Miranda, Tim and I. And of course one of just the two of us. On Wednesday morning Natalie and Miranda did the most AMAZING video with him. I can't wait to have a link when it's posted. Tim was just so personable and interesting. When I had him autograph his catalog I jokingly said "And make sure you write 'to Donna with Love' " and I couldn't believe it. HE DID!

The videos were fun and I was able to do a few without totally embarrassing myself (or should I wait to say that AFTER they're posted.) LOL We were quite upset to find out later on Tuesday that we'd lost audio on 5 of them, including my longest one with Kent Chesley, CEO of gcd studios and one of their AMAZING designers, Melody Ross (click on her name to find out more about Melody from Moxie Fab World). I follow their blog and couldn't wait to see their beautiful things in person. Fortunately they were still available on Wednesday and we JUST caught Melody before she rushed off to catch a plane. We were so busy doing the videas I forgot to take stills at their amazing booth but be sure to click on the links I have in this paragraph to see it all.


In some ways that little mishap was a blessing, because we were able to keep Cody (the videographer) and extra half day and do almost all of the videos we'd hoped for. I have to thank him for making making me feel so at ease, (and promising to photoshop the wrinkles, dark circles and bags under my eyes). Isn't he just a cutey!?

I was so excited to be able to do the Spellbinders video, ESPECIALLY because it was with Kazan Clark. I'm sure you know Kazan because she is not only on the Spellbinder's design team, but hosts the fabulously successful challenge blog 2S4U along with her friend Laura Davis. Both ladies were also my design team sisters on BBTB until their schedules became too crazy and we miss them terribly. It was so much fun interviewing someone I felt I already knew. Again, you'll need to stay tuned for the link, but here's a pic of the two of us. She's such a doll and I can't wait to get my hands on the new limited edition products as well as new Nesties, Pendants, Borders and Labels! Start saving ladies!
And now, what you've been waiting for! The winner of My Pink Stamper Cricut Fun DVD (chosen by random DH) is # 47 (please note that one comment had been deleted so I didn't count that one.)

who wrote "All very exciting. I so hope I am the winner, would love her DVD. Thanks!"

CONGRATULATIONS Tee! Please email me at dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com.


Thank you all who participated and thank you Robyn for so generously donating a copy. For those of you who would like to purchase a copy of Volume 1, they are available at Custom Crops along with a preorder for Volume 2 and her great new clear stamps Everyday Occasions and Simply Sweet Occasions. That's all for now. xxD


21 comments:

  1. Glad you are back.. love that embossing folder.. I think I will add it to my collection soon.


    cant wait to see the Tim interview and all the others.. It was great fun meeting you and all the ladies from Custom Crops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOVE your tree card Donna! And I'm so super flattered that you were inspired by me!! The feeling is definitely mutual btw.

    Looks like CHA was amazing!! I'm not sure what would be more fun, all that gorgeous new product or meeting all those fabulous people!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you were missed for 6 days, glad you are home safe and I guess I will not mention sound at this point, lol. The card is adorable, gotta have that embossing folder. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh donna what a fab time you had!! can't wait to see the videos and all the new products coming out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoo hoo Welcome home Donna I love your card! I've had that folder since November and not used it!! I love it with those little love hearts on!
    Wow just look at you with all the stars!! What a wonderful and memorable time so exciting! Can't wait to see the videos!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Love the card! I'll have to check out those embossing folders.
    Cindy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you for picking me!! I am so excited to get he DVD. Today is a good day. Plus, Love the card Donna and the pictures from CHA. I am super jealous you were so close to Tim Holtz. I would love to rub up on him in hopes some of this talented rubs off on me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tree embossing folder looks very pretty.And so does your 5-minute card, Donna! :-)

    Great to read about your CHA experience. And your pics are great too... Tim Holtz.. wow! ;-) And Kazan... double wow! :-) Waiting for the videos.

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome home, beautiful card and thanks for sharing your CHA experiences!

    ~Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Donna sound so fabulous and the tree is gorgeous....yep on my list of must haves!!Thanks!! Love you giraffe print shirt. The pics are awesome and Congrats to the winner!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow it all sounds so exciting

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are back. It look like you had a blast! I am sure you are exhausted but you are young...you can handle it...isn't youth wonderful...lol! What an exciting experience!! What a great card, I love the embossing folder and the simplicity is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a GREAT time Donna !! Good to see you back :)). Love your card :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm exhausted from just reading that! Love the card, Donna! I just ordered that folder last night. All of the pics are great... looks like it was an amazing time! Can't wait for the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh girl!!! I am so JEALOUS!!!! You got to hang with T!m and Kazan..you rock!!!! Glad to see you made it home. And I jsut love your newest card!!! But you know I just love eveything you make...have a great day!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you are home safe and sound! Missed you!
    I am SO excited for those Tim Holtz embossing folders, they are amazing! So cool you got to see so much stuff in person!
    Love this card too, why do I love myself trees so much? LOL?
    And ok Cody is a cutie but I think my Cody beats him! LOL!
    Loved seeing the pixs, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. MORE AWESOME CHA PICTURES....THAT TREE IS AWESOME...I GOTTA HAVE THAT....HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoooo..., girlfriend you had a blast! So glad to have you home again, I missed our little daily chats. Awesome pictures of CHA, and your darling little "quick" card is just adorable. Love the tree embossing folder, it can be used for lots of different things.

    Hugz, xx

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzers! What an amazing life you lead! I am so happy you had such a wonderful time...your card is fantastic...I adore the little hearts on the tree and love the white....can't wait to see more of the fun you had at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well.....my lips poked out ....you and Tim.....wooohooo, did ya pinch that cute lil fanny ??? lol
    I cant wait to see the videos !!!
    xoxo Oh your card is just precious, BTW..I was so engrossed looking at all the pics, I forgot to mention it ! Joy

    ReplyDelete
  21. OH MY....I LOVE THE GRUNGEBOARD COAT!!!! How awesomely creative is that?!!!

    Looks like you had a great time and were able to meet some wonderful people..lucky, lucky, blessed you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!