Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thank Ewe or Baby Announcement- .Cut File Available


I love all of the new Cricut Seasonal carts and decided to do something quick and simple with the Easter one to show it's versatility. I took the sweet little lamb head and welded it a frame from Storybook to make a quicky shaped card. I used Tear Drop for the sentiment because I think it's a sweet one, but I always have trouble with the regular cut when I'm cutting it small so I just used the shadow and cut it twice and offset. Certainly you can use the font of your choice. To give a little texture to the lamb I embossed it in my Cuttlebug with D'vine Swirls. It would also be cute in a flocked version, don't you think? The free .cut file and instructions are available HERE at Custom Crops. After assembling the card, the papers I chose made me think "baby" so I did another version that could be used as a baby announcement with a different sentiment. Click HERE and scroll down to take a peek. I'm trying hard to get back in the swing of things after being gone a whole 6 DAYS at CHA! Gotta get movin' on my Design Team projects because tomorrow is the monthly BBTB2 Blog Hop so be sure and check back. There will be CANDY!!!

20 comments:

  1. Donna that lamb is just the sweetest,love its little face. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card, Donna!

    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute Donna. Love how you made it a thank "ewe" card and then your idea for a baby announcement. Just darling. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Alpha(s),Word Art(s), Word Book(s) post on Jan. 31, 2010. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are getting rested up a little from your AWESOME trip to CHA.. Looks like you are back to your awesome creative self.. cute as it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna,
    This card is so so cute. What a gorgeous wee lamb. Beautiful.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cute Donna. I love the little lamb :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna-
    L-O-V-E this! So creative!
    Looks like the creative juices are flowing after being inspired at CHA!
    How long 'til summer show?
    NJB :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Donna 'ewe' did a great job on this card (LOL I just had to say that!!!) Very cute..TFS!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card so much.... it's just adorable. Hugs.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, this is so adorable!!! Such a sweet little card, Donna. I thought about this Cart..now I have to have it :)
    Hugs
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  12. awww that is a cute one!! i might have to 'lift that idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna, this is just the cutest lil card...so sweet!
    Ewe did a wonderful job!!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwwwww!! PPPrecious!!!!!!!! What a great idea!! I know how it is to get rested up and geared up back to creating...Adore your card!!!!!! Makes me wanna make a card, still snowed in and finishing up some school projects, Have a good night, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh that card is just the sweetest.
    Hugs, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this little lamb. The paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the CraftCrave Blog Cutting Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: [01 Feb 02:00pm GMT]).

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, so adorable! I love the embossed swirly wool!

    (-: Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. Way too cute Donna! What a great idea welding the head to a frame to make a shaped card. And perfect folder to use to emboss. I need to break out my cuttlebug more often!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!