Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Celebrate Dads and Grads at The Cuttlebug Spot


We're back at The Cuttlebug Spot after a month long rest and celebrating Dads or Grads this week. I did have a graduation card to make and was excited to use some of the new Cuttlebug folders and dies I'd picked up on clearance at various places. Although you must use some type of embossing to enter the challenge I like to challenge myself further to see if I can use ALL Cuttlebug to make my DT cards and this time I did. The school colors are blue and white. I used my Scalloped Square and Circle Nesties to frame the sentiments from the Congrats folders down the side. The light blue strip is embossed with the Cuttlebug Stripes folder. I used the Script folder to emboss a small rectangle and roll it up like a diploma. On a whim I bought the Typewriter Cuttlebug dies because they were so so CHEAP and now think I'll be using them alot. Love how they look in metallic and each time you use it you get both the little rectangles but also the delicate cut out letters. WooHoo!
The mat is popped and so are the circles and the 2 and 1 in 2010 to give a little dimension. Then all I did was add some adhesive beads and a ribbon around the diploma. Easy peasy. We're excited to have you join along in our challenge this week to be eligible to win a gift certificate from Custom Crops and invite you to grab a little inspiration from the rest of DT at The Cuttlebug Spot.
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend. After a day and a half of time off from crafting I was so looking forward to spending the day creating but NOOOOO...I have JURY DUTY! Don't you think that's CRUEL after a holiday? Let's just hope I don't get picked. Also, don't forget to scroll down for the BBTB2 Blog Hop. There are more prizes to be had.

11 comments:

  1. Looks like we were both up early...but I guess not as early as anyone else since I am the first to comment! LOL! I just left a comment for yesterdays post...looks like a creative weekend for you! The kids and I are still at my Mom's and coming home this morning so that Scotti can go to school.
    I don't know about Livermore but Pleasanton is TOTAL fog this morning! geez! Wonderful project and a neat way to use those CB deals! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Donna! Looks very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold accent and that little diploma is perfect! Great job meeting your own Cuttlebug challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, I am wishing you well on that Jury Duty. This card ROCKS.,.. I use my Cuttlebug embossing folders on just about everything I create, and I love the sections of this card... Love it. But I love everything you do.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Donna, you are one amazing lady...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Donna. Something about the color blue says graduation like no other. Yes it is a mean trick to have jury duty the day after a holiday. The last time I had jury duty and was picked, we were there from 9AM til 11PM 2 days in a row...not fun. Good luck on not being picked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a fantastic job...I love the colors and the way you rolled your diploma, and the way you did the 2010...I am sure the graduate that receives this will cherish this very much. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna,
    This is gorgeous. Love the little diploma and the brads/pearls? around the corners pop. This is great for a graduation card!
    Melissa aka MelissaMade

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome grad card, Donna! Love the embossing and those colors are fantatic!
    hugs!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesom job using those embossing folders together...WTG girl!!!I love your rolled up diploma too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!