Monday, August 9, 2010

Macabre Monday Netherworld Nymphs and Smeared and Smudged Oh! the Horror Challenge


Much to the relief of some of you, my Macabre Monday card isn't creepy so it's safe to look. LOL Our challenge this week is Netherworld Nymphs and I was excited to use one of the (MANY) Sweet Pea Stamps I own. This one is ching-chow kuik's Fairy of the Night. All of these stamps are just gorgeous but I though she might be able to be "darkened up " enough for Haunted Design House. I stamped her 3 times in order to cut her out for the dimension and colored her with my Copics. One of the reasons I went to the Expo on Saturday is because I wanted to do her in purples and found I had hardly any! I hate buying them at a premioun price but what's a girl to do? The crystal ball in her had was stamped on holographic paper with Staz On and cut out. Then I used an acrylic bubble over it so it really glows IRL. The star necklace is also acrylic from a Recollections pack form M's amd I scattered them around the frame to add to the magical feel. The sentiment is a Sweet Pea stamp as well. I've also recently joined the Smeared and Smudged Forum and this month's Oh! the Horror challenge takes inspiration from the movie Pan's Labyrinth. I did see this (really bizarre) movie (in the theater, even) and enjoyed it immensely. My inspiration is the oval stone gate and twisted vines from the movie poster. This is a fun group with a wide variety of stampers participating so I encourage you to check it out.
The double mats are cut with my Nesties Deckle Ovals and popped along with the sentiment and fairy layers. Papers are Stampin'Up (thanks Lillie) and K & Co. Obviously I'm still playing with my MS Iron Gate punch, this time the corners of the sentiment mount. The silvery fiber is from my stash. Be sure to stop by Haunted Design House to see what the other Minions have created and we're thrilled to see so many more of you playing along. We've got stuff going on throughout the week (and not all of it is totally creepy) and this Friday is the 13TH!!!! Oh oh, prepare to be scared! Bwahahaha!!!!

11 comments:

  1. Donna, I love this!!! I've been searching the web trying to find an image, but I've come up empty so far. Your coloring looks FANTASTIC! I'll bet that ball looks totally awesome irl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna,
    This card is awesome. The image and the embellies are fantastic.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, "safe to look at".... This is awesome card, and oh those colors.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, Miss Donna! Look forward to visiting you here. ;)

    (Only thing is - ugh...you've got that dorky Progressive girl ad going on below your comments....and I feel like I wanna slap her silly!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay you left me laughing...I can't wait to be scared! (well I don't like being scared at all, but this kinda scare is fun! =o)
    I think this is very magical...the glowing ball, the scatter of stars, the beautiful fairy coming through the layers...
    Its wonderful!!!
    Off to check out the sites you linked....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is awesome Donna! Your coloring of the image is fabulous! Love how you cut the double circle and popped it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of your macabre projects. The fairy on this one is gorgeous. You always do such a beautiful job. Too bad you had to get up at 3:00 am to get it all done! I hope you get a fuller sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd already commented on this Donna, sorry about that, I love this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a lot of patience to cut an image out 3 times. I love how you are using your punch and I would love to see that mystical ball IRL - we ALL need to be neighbors! LOL!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!