Friday, August 13, 2010

Oh Alice! Chapter 25 and PCP Cuttlebug-ers #81


It's been a few week's since I've been able to play in Wonderland and I've missed it so! This week the Oh Alice! Challenge is White Rabbit, White Gloves, White Wonderland which means make a card or project that is all WHITE except for the main image panel. I was actually ruffling through my stuff to work on next week's Cuttlebug Spot card when I came across this adorable Cheshire Cat stamp from Nikoart I'd bought way before all of this Alice obsession began. Of course the purrrfect place to put him was a tree and it hit me. My Leafy Tree embossing folder from Crafts Too was just what I needed. I knew I wanted a cutout window but the tree itself seemed too flat so I cut a Petite Scallop and regular Circle with my Nesties and embossed the plain circle as well. The window for the kitty to peek out was cut through all 4 layers with the mat and top circle popped for dimension. We all know that it's nearly impossible for me to embrace the clean and simple style (not that I don't like it, it's just sooooo against my nature) but I resisted the urge to over embellish and merely added a ribbon and computer genterated sentiment cut with my Nesties Mega Scalloped Ovals and popped it as well. It still didn't look quite right because the cut out had totally removed the leaves from the upper right side of the tree so I fussy cut the tip of a branch and several individual leaves from the cut out and glued them in the bare spot above the cat. Better!

The cat is colored with Copics and cut with a Nesties Petite Scalloped Circle and popped. I did add a colored mat (doubt that disqualifies me) inside and a computer generated sentiment. What do you think, Heidi? I also found a new (to me) PCP group called The Cuttlebug-ers that I found through Betty's blog so I've entered their challenge #81 as well. Looks like a fun group for all you Cuttlebug lovers. Check it out!
I also want to remind everyone that is IS Friday the 13th, and there's all sorts of mayhem going on for Fiendishly Fun Friday over at Haunted Design House (both majorly creepy and not so much so if you're so inclined...) :D

27 comments:

  1. You really knocked this one out of the park!!! I love the richness of textures in white and teh bit of color. TFS :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading your blog for awhile. I love your work. It is so unique. This is an incredible card. It might be my favorite. TFS and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eeeeee!! *thud* that's me passing out from the cuteness ;) I *love* this card!!! The Cheshire cat is my fave character from Alice so this is soooo up my alley - Wonderful! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! Cute! Cute! Love, love, love this card! Love the embossing, love the white on white, and I love the cheshire cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure as the driven snow, Donna! Except for that adorable cat taking away it's virginity! *grin*
    Love how kitty is perched in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card! Love the kitty, And the enbossing on the circle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this. looks so "simple" until you really look. All the texture and elements gel perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi donna This is Just DARLING!!
    There is something about white cards that I JUST LOVE!!!
    Beautiful!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy that you played along with us at Oh, Alice! this week, because I had not seen that Cheshire Cat stamp or that fab embossing folder before and I think I **NEED** them, LOL! Wonderful card with the perfect sentiment, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very effective! I love the cheshire in that window! Gorgeous work!!
    Thanks for playing along at Oh Alice this week with us!
    Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your white on white cards!!! Beautiful!!!!


    Hugs,
    Smita

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Donna,
    This is beautifully done. I love the embossing and the layout is fabulous. Great image,
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Donna you are such a fabulous inspiration to all that visit your blog. I know that if I am struggling to come up with ideas that a visit to your blog soon helps me out. I think I am going to have to scrap lift your wedding card (if you don't mind) it is just adorable. Love all your cards!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a winner to me.....perfect in every way. Love love love the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was on my list to do a long with a million others. Ions how you did this, just stunning. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, so pretty! I need to make one of these kinds of cards, I keep saying!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh donna, i am loving all the white...how fab girl...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. The detail of the tree in layers is amazing. I think that of all the blogs I follow, yours has the most elegant cards with such amazing attention to detail. It must take you hours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Donna,
    This is WAY too cute! I love it - go figure you'd make a perfect kitty card! And the sentiment is adorable! Love how you used the embossing for the tree! OH MY GOSH - and I'm so excited you are a DT member at Tiddly Inks!!! Congrats!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  20. Donna, your card did exactly as it says "Smile". I just love how you have done this card. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh this is just too cute...I love it.I love the white on white with the colored cat.. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. Donna, what a wonderfully beautiful card, I love white embossed cards anyway!

    Hey, I got my Teresa Collins' Stampmaking Machine. It was here when I got home from vacation -- it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how I love white on white and you did it so beautifully! Love all the layers and the window is fabulous! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ok now listen here!!!! I want to come to your house!!!!!!! And pick your BRAIN!!!! LOL!!!! I totally am in love with this card....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!