Thursday, April 28, 2011

Tiddly Inks April Showers Bring May Flowers



This week our Tiddly Inks challenge is April Showers Bring May Flowers. Not my team's turn, but I loved the challenge so much I followed it too and I'm really excited about how it turned out. I used the sweet Donna image (notice the resemblance, LOL? Actually she was not named after me but...). Anyway, I flipped the image, colored her with Copics, cut and backed her with Nesties Classic Ovals, and her boots and slicker are shined up with Glossy Accents. The sparkly rain drops are stickers by Recollections and the sentiment is computer generated.



The cool thing is that it's an acetate front card so you can see a part of the inside from the font when it's closed. The colored image, sentiment and rain drops are on the front of the card, and the red and yellow mats are attached from the inside so the adhesive doesn't show. Conveniently, the stickers have a holographic sparkle on the inside as well.


Inside I've used Flower Garden, again colored with Copics. This adorable stamp (with colored digi papers too) comes from a drawing done by Christy's daughter. Obviously the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Isn't it sweet? So come on and play along with the current challenge HERE and don't forget the Treasure Hunt Blog Hop Saturday with loads of fun, inspiration, new images and a hunt for "booty". HHHmmm... got WAY too much of that already. LOL Check the deets HERE. See you Sat!

22 comments:

  1. I just love love love this card what a great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh this little Donna image may have not been named after you but she's just like you :)
    Fabulous card Donna love the acetate and those holographic raindrops are fabulous! Love it all!
    Hugs
    Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna this is WONDERFUL!! Love the acetate and those raindrops are GORGEOUS!!! Love this image and she so is You!!!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a cool card girlie! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo...this is cool! I love the transparency.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Donna, I absolutely LOVE this card - the bright colors, everything about it, it's so darling! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so Cute! And you are so right, that is a perfect resemblance of you, I'd just tell everyone I was the inspration for the stamp, lol! Another inspirational card I'm going to have to try, love the acetate and those raindrops and colors are Great! And of course love her little buddy, the little froggie, giggle!
    ((hugs)) Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg!! just way too cute miss donna!! i absolutely love it!! hope you had a super duper birthday hun huge hugs Lou xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I say how much I love this card!!!!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, Donna! What a great card! We've had plenty of the wet stuff here and hopefully it WILL bring us some May flowers. I'm sure they won't be as cute as these little darlings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the happy colors! And that acetate just adds fun to the piece! Nicely done Donna! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute! I love how the acetate front let's the inside show through! Little Donna is sweet! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday girlie...I jsut wanted to say Hi and that this card is very lovely...I so love that you used transparency as your background...I hope things have been good for you....Hugs my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW.. this is just awesome.. you never cease to amaze me with your amazing talent... love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. That darlng little image IS Donna.... and that darling little card is too. Love it.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORABLE! Love the acetate...nice touch to see the inside of the card from the outside! Such an cute image...DONNA!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. All I can say is wow!!!! You did a fantastic job!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG...FABULOUS! Love how you did the rain on the acetate and the flowers behind it on the card. The image really does look a lot like you...lol!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea with the acetate! Looks so good. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great idea with the acetate! Looks so good. x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely ingenious!!!! Love those rain drops!!!! And..yes she looks just like you :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!