Friday, June 3, 2011

Peggy Loves Vintage for The Shabby Tea Room and the BBTB2 Blog Hop Winner



I've been wanting to play along with The Shabby Tea Room since the blog started, the challenges are imaginative and fun and the Design Team cards are always gorgeous and inspiring. Although you are not required to do a "shabby" or vintage card I've always felt that I should at least try to approximate that style in order to feel good about participating and this week I think I did okay. A big help was the adorable vintage baby's bathtime image from Peggy Loves Vintage. Peggy lovingly collects real vintage cards and cleans them up and presents them on CD's and and Cut-Out sheets for every occasion. If you love vintage style, be sure to take a look at her vast collection in HERE and pop over to her BLOG and become a follower. There are fabulous freebies to be had.



This week's Shabby Tea Room Challenge combines a photo inspiration with a "2-4-6" recipe: 2 patterned papers, 4 buttons, and 6 layers. One needn't neccesarily use the colors in the photo but I used my MS French Scroll Punch Around the Page to give a doily feel to the mat and slightly softer versions of the peach and green for my color palette. The 2 beautiful DP's and "B" block are by the Graphic 45 Baby to Bride Collection. The 4 vintage buttons are from a RAK from my dear friend Joy and the vintage crinkle seam binding is from the Prairie Bird Boutique(thanks, Steph!). You have 'til Sunday to join in on this fab challenge so why not give it a go?


And now, on to the winner of the BBTB2 Blog Hop Candy. the winner of the $40.00 gift certificate to CUSTOM CROPS is..... number 5!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!


CAROLE BEATH who wrote:


CONGRATULATIONS CAROLE!!! Please email me at dlmundinger (at) yahoo (dot) com to arrange for your prize.

12 comments:

  1. This is just as sweet as can be, Donna! The papers are perfect for that precious image and the vintage buttons and crinkle ribbon really seal the deal...great take on the challenge!
    Oh, and look! Carole won your blog candy! YAY CAROLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna....ahhhhh lovely card made me go all mushy...love these images thank you for pointing me at this site and loving the blue and white christmas card too.....clever lady! take care Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is SOOO sweet. I want to touch the card - my fingers are itching to feel the textures and layers! Beautiful papers and embellies. Awesomeness!! Oh, btw, the girlie get together starts at noon. Hop a jet, I have a room for you! LOL

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOOOOVE this card, Donna!!! that image is adorable and you've showcased it perfectly!! A huge congrats to Carole for winning your blog candy!!!
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love PLV and your card is really sweet. Love the soft colors and it's definitely got a vintage feel. Hugs...Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna, all your cards and crafts are always beautiful!

    Congrats to Carole too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet vintage image Donna - love your soft colour choice and the beautiful detail and texture.

    Thank you so much visiting my blog today and leaving a kind comment.
    Have a happy Sunday - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you totally made me want to run over and check this challenge out. I wonder if I still can get in:) Gorgeous Donna. I don't know if I could ever pull off six layers like you did. I LOVE that image it is just darling. Love what you did with Patsy's ribbon. I am so happy you are enjoying it.!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable image!

    Love how you used the MS punch for the dollies...such a great idea! I'm going to look for my 40% off coupon right now!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious vintage baby image ... love it!!! Thanks so much for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done card Donna. Such a sweet image and I love the soft colors and papers that you used. A Big congratulations to Carole...way to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!