Sunday, March 11, 2012

Macabre Monday Evil Empire


This week at Haunted Design House we're being inspired by infamous Disney Villains. while poking around the net, I came across the incredible artist Nicolette Davenport and fell in love with her fabulous sketches of Cruella Deville. I stuck with the fab red, white and black color scheme and added an embossed mat. This first quote is my own.


I loved Nic's work so much that I decided to use two others and make a little girly set of notecards. The fashionista poses just seemed to beg for quotes by Coco Chanel. Heck, if you're going to be evil, you might as well look great doing it, eh? My Minion sisters are rocking this challenge so be sure to visit them HERE. We've got a few suggestions if you're drawing a blank. Creepy Glo will be back on Wednesday with last week's winners and a post of her own and the fab new Cruella digi by our Teri at Delicious Doodles will be available for purchase then too. WooHoo!

12 comments:

  1. FABULOUS - these are awesome Donna. Great colour choice and super textured backing. These are soooo striking :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, you went to town on this theme hun! Love the notecard set, and thanks for the mention!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All very classy and very gorgeous and love your sentiments xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so so you... very classy. Has anyone told you as "amazingly talented" your are? You never never cease to amaze me. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Cruella! Perfectly done, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are a machine... you design for so many and you always come through and you always create something that has style, design, and a most wonderful result. I wanna be you when I grow up.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Donna.... love the colour scheme and the images are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna! I LOVE this! Cruella Deville is my favorite Disney villain and this image is a must-have! I like that you let the image and colors speak for themselves on that neat textured background. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! there are no words to describe how awesome these are! I've always had a soft spot for fashion sketches :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the black and red with white embossing...Very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE THIS! Sorry for yelling it but I DO. I am going to forward this to my sister - she loves Disney Villains and you did this so well. The embossing is fabulous with the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!