Monday, May 21, 2012

BBTB2 Kitchen Challenge

We're continuing this week with our "theme challenges" at BBTB2 and our fabulous Julia has chosen "things found in the kitchen".  I'm really enjoying the freedom of creativity and variety of inspiration the team is coming up with for these themed challenges.  How about you?  I've actually done a toaster card before using From My Kitchen (click HERE ) but this time I used the toaster on Nifty Fifties along with the hot mit from From my Kitchen to create a pocket card.
I had to do a little messing around in DS to make a shadow for my toaster and also to extend the toast into a whole slice so I manipulated and welded shapes from George to do just that.  You lift out the toast to reveal the computer generated sentiment.
I cut the mit twice (once flipped) and glued them together but seem to have forgotten to do that for the toast.  Guess this was the heel of the loaf.  LOL  You can still write a personalized greeting here though, don'tcha think?
In some cases I did some trimming to get a little more dimension to the card, like the legs and knob as well as the toast from the top base cut.  My foam is placed strategically to capture the toast without much "play" and I made sure the foam on the other layers didn't allow for it to slip in the wrong place.  The retro paper is from DCWV Nana's Kitchen and I couldn't resist blinging it up a bit with adhesive beads.  I think this would be cute for a bridal shower, or even an anniversary.  However, it doesn't stand up, so I might add an easel back before sending it to someone.  If you're interested in free .cut files and directions for some of my other "kitchen themed" cards click HERE for the Mixer, HERE for the Pot, and HERE for the Coffee Pot.  And wait 
'til you see the fab offerings by the BBTB2 team!  Loads of inspiration and lots of fun going on at BBTB2.  Can't wait to see what you come up with. 

23 comments:

  1. oh such a fun, CREATIVE, card, love love love it, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute... you can really whip Design Studio into shape and come up with the most wonderful creations.
    I love your little toaster. I think I told you that FMK is my least fav cart and no matter what I try to make from that cartridge, it is blah. Now I must go look on Nifty Fifties...
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a toaster like that for my kitchen!! Such a fab card.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh Donna, this card is adorable! I love that toaster and the papers you used. Love, love all the layers and that the toast slides in with the messages. Perfect card in everyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I know anyone who can use DS like you. My brain just can't imagine that well. You're a genius, Miss Donna. This is just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always seem to amaze me Donna! You have such a creative mind. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these projects just keep getting more and more amazing! This is so cute and totally genius! How inspiring. I just love how you made this so interactive and fun.

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just too cute. I would love a toaster like this. You rocked this one,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pop out toaast!1 very fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Donna, you are such an amazing talented fun person. this is just too cute. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Girlfriend, this totally rocks. I love the papers and of course the design. You are amazing and I am so happy that you are my DT sis/leader!!

    xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG - I just love it...... it sooooo rocks :-) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG....this is so cute. Love the papers and the design is very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Donna this is so stinkin cute! Your crafty cleverness and cricut magic never ceases to amaze! I'm in love with that little toaster...you should have your own line at target. I would eat a lot more toast if I had a toaster as cute as this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats just the cutest toaster ever, I love those little oven mits,I and the toaster kind of has that vintage look, This Rocks!


    HUGS
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Donna such a fun card. Love that you made it a pocket card. So smart and creative. Great selection of papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow - you're amazing. And inspiring. And awesome. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card! How creative! Love it!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute card! I found your blog through Maribel from ilovescrapping.blogspot.com and am glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Has a very vintage look to it..and oh I so love soft colors..WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh donna love this idea it's fab. I might need to magpie this one hun if you don't mind for a family wedding. Love it.
    Hugs
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG! that is the cutest thing I have ever seen.. You are so clever with your card ideas :)
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG this is beautiful. I love how the toast pops up. And the papers, embossing, and pearls are perfect. TFS AJ~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!