Thursday, November 29, 2012

Smeared and Smudged "Oh! the Horror!" Challenge


Yeah, I know, another creepy one.  Well, ya gotta go where the mojo flows so...what can I say?  On the Smeared and Smudged Forum there are a number of monthly challenges for us Creepmeisters and Oh! the Horror! focuses on Horror flicks.  This month's is "30 Days of Night".  You can pretty much do whatever inspires you from the particular movie but the graphic movie poster (see it HERE) lead me immediately to Banshee by Rick S. Dennis.  I flipped the image and printed it on red card stock, did a teeny bit of shading with Copics and tried to black out the part of the image I didn't want to show with Distress Inks.  You could still sort of see it so I brought out the black gesso which really did the trick.  "30 Days" was cut on my Grand Caliber with a Quikutz alphabet.  The rest was computer generated.  Just couldn't resist a little humor.

3 comments:

  1. I've watched "30 Days of Night" at least 14 times. Poor Eben.... This is a GREAT card, and I LOVE the added sentiment.
    Hugs
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, donna! You are for sure in a dark flow right now aren´t you? :) This is so cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous Donna,love the colours and your designs are beautiful.Second funny without chocolate.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!