Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Couple of Challenge Cards

Every week I try to enter challenges other than my DT projects and rarely get the chance.  Today I managed TWO and they couldn't be more different. 

Simon Says Stamp

 
 
The first is for the Simon Says Take a Picture Challenge using some fab DP from Crate Paper and and adorable Digi and Sentiment from Birdie Brown.  My friend and Dilly Beans DT sister Jen turned me on to her Blog (she finds all the goodies!) where there is a Freebie challenge each month.  These were the April Freebies and are still available HERE.  The image is colored with Copics using shades from the DP.  Added some Primas and a gingham bow as well as an acrylic circle on the lens.

 

SDC 100: Anything Goes Challenge

 
 
 
This one might take a bit of explaining.  LOL  I love the new format at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.  Although the challenges are weekly, you actually have all month to enter so if you miss a challenge you like you can do it any time during the month.  WOOHOO!  I call this piece "Recurring Nightmare".  I bought this hilarious stamp Underwhere because it totally cracked me up but then thought "What the hell am I gonna do with it?"  I mean a dude in his tighty whities isn't exactly the most versatile thing ever, but I just couldn't resist.  Been having some discussions of dreams lately and started thinking about common recurring nightmares.  This is my version of the one where you all of a sudden find yourself in public and realize you're not dressed.
 
 
Here's a close up of Underwhere by Daniel Torrente.  His quirky stamps are some of my faves!  Behind are Heads (a "must have") and 3 Smiles
 
 
The sentiment stamp actually reads "I'd wish I'd worn panties" in Carol's Collection.  It's also Stampotique but since he clearly did not forget his panties (thank GOD!), I cut and spliced it to be more appropriate. The laughter in the background is computer generated. This is what happens when I have too much time on my hands.  I think the whole thing is hilarious, but I'm easily amused.  My hubby didn't get it. Even after I explained it to him he still sat shaking his head.
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I got it Donna and love it, hee heee the one I have is being lost, love the camera, great colors. I am in SFO on a day trip today, will be thinking of you, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both your cards. Great design the camera card is awesome!!

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fab but I love black&white one! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hello!
    Oh, just thinking I could of emailed...or showed up
    on your door step! LOL!
    I've tried calling a few times now, sorry I keep missing you! And hope to talk to you soon!
    Miss you much!

    LOVE the projects!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card!!! Thanks for joining us at the SDC. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!