Friday, February 28, 2014

Dilly Beans Add Some Metal


There's a new challenge at Dilly Beans today and we want you to Add Some Metal.  I've used one of the adorable new images, #594 Aidynn's Bear Framed



I went with fresh Springy colors and a layout inspired by Sketch #42 from Papertake Weekly so I could enter their Sketchy Free for All Challenge.


Aidynn is colored with Copics and instead of paper piecing or flocking, I tried to get a bit of a furry texture using the dotty technique.


My metal is an adorable bear charm I got on clearance from Mike's several years ago.  It has a lobster claw clasp to allow it to be removed and hung on a bracelet.  Cute, eh?  The triple bow was done with my Bow Easy.  Easy?  Hate to say I still have to read the directions every time. Please stop by Dilly Beans to see the fabby creations by my teamies and remember, younow have 2 weeks to play along.

I'm also entering this in the Shopping Our Stash Heavy Metal Challenge, DL Art Thankful Thursday Use an Image of a Girl or Lady, TTRCD ATG Feb 25th - Mar 3, Tuesday Throwdown ATG.

9 comments:

  1. This is so sweet. I love THE LITTLE TEDDY BEAR YOU ADDED, Your coloring of the dilly beaner is really nice.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #127 girl or lady image challenge, Have a great day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I have a stash of metal charms around here somewhere I used to use on scrapbook pages. Great challenge. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your card is just wonderful. Love the colors and the charm is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really delightful card, Donna; your colours are so fresh and yes - the charm is lovely. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card Donna!! Lovely image and charm, love the papers too!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww, sweet bear and charm, love how you colored image, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and a beautiful layout! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent card Donna! The dotty technique worked, well, like a charm! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blues on this are bluetiful! Her eyes are wowo! Love how you used the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!