Saturday, April 12, 2014

Lacy Sunshine Add Flowers


I'm cutting it so close to the end of the Lacy Sunshine Add Flowers Challenge that I'm gonna have to come back and fill in the gaps.  Phew!  Just made it with 3 minutes to spare.  I was thrilled to find out that as a member of the Creative Artist Team for Lacy Sunshine, posting once a month on the Lacy Sunshine Blog(where you find out what's New and Now in the Lacy Sunshine world), I'm still eligible to enter the challenges on the Challenge Blog and contests on the FB Group because I love playing there.  This card is doing double duty.  The current FB Contest is to use any of the Bubbles stamps so I'm entering this there, as well.  My plan was to make this look like a fluffy white towel on a towel bar using some cool textured paper from Sizzix.  I hand cut the towel shape and used my Spellbinders to cut the hole for Bubbles to peek through.  the sentiment was hand stamped with individual letters from an ancient set which took me FOREVER to get straight.  Why I didn't use my computer to generate it, I'll never know.  Guess I thought "practice makes perfect" but sheesh!

 
The adorable image is Bubbles Bath available in the Sticky Wings Section of the Shop.  She's colored with Copics and I've added some fun holographic bubbles and Stickles to the suds.  The additional daffodils are rubber stamps from Heartfelt Creations, cut with the corresponding dies by Spellbinders.
 

The center step design worked well for my plan and here you can see a bit of the dimension as several portions of Bubbles' daffodil bathtub and towel were fussy cut and popped on the image.  I tried to curl the "towel" to look like it was hanging on the (coffee stir stick) towel bar as well.  The whole thing actually turned out better than I expected.  Woohoo!
 

8 comments:

  1. Very pretty project! I love the way you showcased it as well. Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    FCB DT Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, Donna. I really love the texture on the towel,and I think the whole design is very clever and effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Donna. Love the textures and your design. Thank you for joining us at Fitztown this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Donna, this card is amazing! I am loving that textured paper, it does look like a towel!! Love that cute image, your bubbles are so cool looking. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!!
    Thanks for playing in our "Fancy Folds!" Challenge #89!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your talent outstands me! Love the texture and shape of this towel. You make so much and each is so unique and special in its own way. Wonderful color and amazing work on this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining our Friend challenge at Aud sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card and love the image and the red hair. thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our friend challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!