Saturday, April 26, 2014

Lacy Sunshine Make it Feminine


Here's a card for the Lacy Sunshine Make it Feminine Challenge for all you April Birthday girls out there (like me!)  Gotta say, the first time I looked up the flower for April I was SOOO disappointed.  Sweet peas in the garden can be such a tangled mess, but the Pleasanton Farmer's Market sells them in big bunches and although they don't last all that long, they make a gorgeous bouquet.  I'm cutting it close again because I've had to craft ahead this week on DT projects because I'm going on a little birthday trip.  Sorry about the lighting.  The sun is going in and out and casting all kinds of shadows but I've got to get this posted.


Tomorrow is MY birthday and I've gotta say I'm not all that thrilled about it.  Some milestones are best forgotten.  LOL  But I do have to admit that coloring this adorable Lacy Sunshine Sweet Pea digi (available in the Flower Pot Pretties section of the Shop) did boost my mood a bit.  She's colored with Copics in my FAVE sweet pea shades.


I was thrilled to use my new Spellbinders Grand Stately Circles to make this easel card.  The lacy edges are sooo feminine, don'tcha think?  Just happened to have some silk sweet peas in my stash, too.  the sentiment is computer generated and cut with Spellbinders Fancy Labels that I trimmed a bit to fit.  The DP is SEI Promise 6x6 stack.  When I cut the circle for the top I didn't even check if I had more for the base.  Turned out I didn't, but I did have enough to cut a partial circle from the piece I had.  By popping it, it worked perfectly to hold the easel open.  Now that's serendipity for sure!

I'm also adding this to the CMC Birthday Challenge, the Cut it Up Birthday Challenge, the Fairytale Cute Only Challenge, Di's Designs Birthday Challenge, Craftitude ATG Spring/or Easter, Paper Crafting Journey Make an Easel Card, Digi Stamps4Joy Easter or Spring, Handmade Harbor Birthday or Best Wishes, One Sweet Challenge Ringing in Spring and Really Reasonable Ribbon Monochromatic and Ribbon.

10 comments:

  1. So Elegant & so BEAUTIFUL!!!
    AMAZING jib on the coloring!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny how the flowers are winding their way into her hair, and how cute that she fits into a teacup! Great easel card. Happy Birthday!!

    Thanks for linking to our Birthday Card challenge at Cut it Up!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is sooo pretty, great colours too. Thank you for sharing, Jackie dt @ ds4j Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is stunning Donna! I love the "frame" of the card-so elegant looking and that digi image is adorable! Now you need to get excited about your birthday because each birthday is another wonderful year of living!! Happy Birthday my friend! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your card thanks for sharing with HMH
    Rachel dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so gorgous. Love the lacy edged die you've used for the easel and that is such a cute image finished perfectly with those flowers. Thanks for joining us at the PCJ challenge and good luck in the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a beautiful card Donna.
    Thanks for join us at
    {Digistamps4Joy DT Member}

    Karin


    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really cute card. The image is adorable. Thanks for joining our Cute only challenge over at Fairy Tale Challenges and good luck. Hugs, Hanna (GDT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eine tolle kartenform und eine tolle Gestaltung. Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei Fairy tale Challenge. LG Jenny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!