Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Pat the Bunny for Wicked Wednesday


I've been wanting to do another project with the adorable Sleepy Bunny Elf from Aurora Wings and noticed that Wicked Wednesday's ATC challenge this week is Bunnies.  It's been WAY too long since I played there so it fit right in.  I knew right away I wanted to flock the image ( totally into warm and fuzzy these days)and after doing so began to peruse my stash and came upon these little blue baby hand brads.  (I'd actualy been looking for Easter egg brads but they were nowhere to be found, big surprise).  Well that got me thinking baby, which led to baby books...see where I'm going here?  Well, I'm pretty sure "Pat the Bunny" is one of the first little board books that babies receive. It has a fuzzy little bunny on it to pat and feel the fuzzy texture so THAT's where I went.


Tell me he's not the cutest EVER!  I'm getting all warm and fuzzy just lookin' at him.  Although I have lots of colored flock, I decided to use all white over the colored image to soften the effect.  Had to add a pom pom tail and some Alpha Beads as well.  Now I need to recover from all the teeny fussy cutting I had to do to pull this off.  LOL

I'm also entering this in the Sparkle N Sprinkle April challenge (ATG with glitter, flockin or embossing powder), Artistic Inspirations Easter Animal/ATG, 613 Avenue Create ATG or Sights/Sounds/Smells/Tastes of Spring (babies and bunnies), Simply Create Too Easter or Use Bunnies and DL Art Thankful Thursday Bunny Challenge.

12 comments:

  1. Awww, this is just adorable. I wish I could touch it. LOL Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word,Donna, this is adorable and brings back very fond memories of reading that book to my sister's children when they were little. Love the flocking and the fluffy tail. The hands and alpha beads are lovely details and your colouring is a delight! Bunny love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, this is soooo adorable! Love the fuzzy bunny and the pom tail. This image reminds me of Jr. when she was a toddler and loved her blankie. XD I'm all for the warm and fuzzy. hugs Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute donna, gorgeous image and colour combo
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is totally the cutest thing ever!!! Fantastic ATC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so super adorable Donna I love all your dimension beautiful colors and a wonderful bunny card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #129 “BUNNY” challenge, Have a Blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww how cute this is Donna! I love the texture on the little bunny outfit, I bet is feels cool. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, he's the cutest thing ever! Love your version of Pat the Bunny with all the flocking - totally adorable! So glad you shared him with us for the Sparkle N Sprinkle Creative Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cute! I love the sweet "bunny" image. The flocking added so much! Thanks for joining us at the Sparkle N Sprinkle challenge this month! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little projects always make me smile...love the bunnies and am so happy you had the chance to join us at WW. My bad for not commenting before the next challenge.
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Donna, Beautiful Bunny card. I love your cute digi. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too. Our new challenge starts this coming Friday and we hope you enter it too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet Easter card love the image and colouring its adorable.
    Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at Artistic Inspirations.
    Good luck
    Fiona dt. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!