Thursday, July 24, 2014

Beachy Keen Challenge at Gecko Galz


I belong to a fun group FB group called Gecko Galz Papercrafting that has some great challenges for using the fabulous stamps, collage sheets and papers from the Gecko Galz Shop.  The July Gecko Galz Customer Challenge is Beachy Keen, found on their Blog.  This month's new Ephemera included the Splish Splash collage set and I immediately thought of making one of those souvenier postcards books with the fabulous images.


The galz from the sheet looked like thay were having a ball, perhaps in Atlantic City so I Googled "Greetings from" and voila! here was exactly what I was looking for for the cover.  I fussy cut one of the ladies from the Splish Splash sheet to the bottom and it was the perfect start for my project.



There was another "Greetings from" that also filled the bill which I decided to use on the back part of the cover.  Seemed like a simiar vintage. 


I printed this one twice so when you opened the cover, you still saw the entire image.  The top inside of the cover is from Splish Splash over my "go to" beach photo from the net and the sentiment is computer generated.  Mini magnets hold the booklet together.


Fully open, I've decorated the bottom inside of the coover with more images.  I've used a deckle edge scissors so they looked like photos.  Inside is the accordian of postcards with images from Splish Splash.



The first two...



 The next...



And finally...
 
Miraculously when I looked for a blank vintage postcard back, I found one on Postcards, etc. from Atlantic City!  I added a little note to the galz on this one and printed the blank back several more times to back each of the individual cards so they could be cut apart and used.  I really had a ball doing a project that's a bit of a change of pace for me, but I certainly plan to do more.  I love the vintage images and fun papers and other goodies at Gecko Galz and their Christmas in July sale (buy one, get one of equal or lesser value) is still going on.  WOOHOO!

2 comments:

  1. great project.......looks like the real thing.
    Barbara Bird / Gecko Galz DT
    MdStrwbery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!