Sunday, August 3, 2014

New Challenge at Lacy Sunshine!


I'm thrilled to announce that I have moved from the Lacy Sunshine Creative Team to the Sunshine Girl Challenge Team and today is my first posting there.  Our new Challenge is Summer and my DT sisters and I are showcasing images from the adorable Sticky Wings Collection.  I have used Honey Sticky Wings (scroll down to find yours) and her Beehive Snowglobe, available in the Digi Bits Section of the Shop.


Isn't Honey the cutest ever?!  I've colored her with Copics, fussy cut and popped her in front of the hive.  There are Stickles on her wings and Liquid Pearls added to the honeycomb on her head.

It just so happens that Honey is the Loyalty Program digi which means if you've enered the last challenge with a Lacy Sunshine image, you get her for FREE!  If not, she is available for the discounted price of $2.00 during Challenge 39.  WooHoo!


It's an easel card and I printed the snowglobe several times and to add depth and layers.  I cut a hole in the globe to accomodate the recycled packaging I used and embossed the background with my Honeycomb Cuttlebug folder.  Liquid Pearls were added inside for honey and bee brads are buzzing all around.


I used Spellbinders to cut the computer generated sentiment and embossed that with the honeycomb folder as well.  I reversed one of the digi flowers in my Printmaster Program and fussy cut and popped it on the base too.


Although easel cards are supposed to fold flat, you can see that with all the layers, this one is going to need a box.  LOL  I sure had fun making it, though.  Be sure to visit the Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog and grab some inspiration from my extremely talented teammates.  Now start thinking Summer and please join in. I can't wait to see what you create.

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Wednesday ATG Challenge, the Outlawz Monday Greeting Card ATG, the Allsorts Favorite Things Challenge (Lacy Sunshine stamps, shaped cards, fussy cutting, dimension), the Crafty Calendar August ATG, Digi Galore ATG, My Sheri Crafts Shaped Cards, Wags 'n Whiskers Polka Dots, The Stamping Boutique Fancy Folds and Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Polka Dots.

4 comments:

  1. Donna, your card is so perfect in every way! Love how you designed the card with the snowglobe and your coloring is beautiful! Congrats on the move to the challenge team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coloring and what a fun shaped shaker card. Thank you so much for playing along with us in the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Donna...wonderful colouring and love your easel shaker design..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shaped easel card is ADORABLE -- thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!