Saturday, February 28, 2015

J'adore Paris


Here's a wall hanging I did as inspiration for Gecko Galz with a Paris theme. First I covered an paper mache heart with digi paper from the Parisian Dreams paper pack and added pleated black organdy trim to the edge.  Then I cut and both the shadow and regular Eiffel tower with my Cricut and embossed them with Cuttlebug embossing folders and popped them with foam at an angle.



I cropped and collaged 5 different digi stamps from the French Connections stamp set, colored them minimally with Copics and added some Frantage for the main event.  The J'Adore Paris banner was fussy cut from another of the stamps in the set and popped near the top.



Here's the dimensional view.  I've used tulle as a hanger, strung through the holes in the heart and finished off with some jet adhesive flat back gems.

I'm entering this in the Simon Says Monday No Rules (ATG) challenge, Simon Says Wednesday ATG, the As You Like It Favorite Anything but a Card Project (mine are wall hangings because they can be hung anywhere to brighten up a room or door), Frilly and Funky It's Time for a Vacation (I'll say!)  and the Outlawz Monday Greetings ATG Challenge.



And here's one more 100% digital inspirational piece using the Icons from the Gecko Galz February Coquette Digital Club Kit available HERE, individually and HERE as part of a subscription.  The girl, rose frame, additional roses at the bottom, eyelet lace and polka dot tag are all included in the kit (along with many more) in png form so they were easy to layer in the printing program of choice (mine was Printmaster Platinum).  All I added was the rectangular frame, drop shadows and computer generated sentiment.  I rarely do all digital projects, but this was easy, fun and I think, really pretty, using the Club Kit Icons.   I'll be playing more with these for sure.

I'm entering this in the Digitally Sweet ATG Challenge #129.

14 comments:

  1. OMGoodness - the Paris piece is simply stunning Donna - LUV it.
    Your digital piece is amazing - beautiful images and superb piece :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. uooooh la la my dear, digi glamor gorgeous, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet this week for our "Anything Goes" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna, I really love your work and your creative and artful arrangement of elements, truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna, both cards are awesome!
    Thanks for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both pieces of art are beautiful. I love the tulle with the parisian theme a pretty shabby chic effect. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely wall hanging Donna, love making them too. Thanks for sharing it with us over on AYL
    I. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wall hanging.

    I think you should do more 100% digi, it's beautiful and ready to print out as a card. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. SWOON! I love Paris and I love your take on it. Thank you for sharing with Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, this is stunning. I love all the details and stamps. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, your work is always so amazing and inspiring! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally lovely Donna and totally inspirational as always! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beaiutiful project ! Love the Paris theme ! Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  14. J'adore aussi Donna! What a fantastic design beautifully executed. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!