Monday, February 16, 2015

New Challenge at Aurora Wings


Our new challenge starts today at Aurora Wings.  The theme is My Lucky Colors. Well I don't know about lucky, but my favorite color has always been red.  Pair it with black and white and I'm good to go.  It's striking and dramatic and really makes the red POP!



Mitzi has a number of gorgeous images in the Shop that lend themselves to the color red, but this time I chose the gorgeous Girl With Poppies.  She's colored with Copics with white gel pen for highlights and I just love how she came out.



I'm not exactly sure what this card fold is called nor where I first saw it.  I do know I had a hard time taking decent pix.  The die cuts are Spellbinders Enchanted Labels 28 and I've used Starform peel off stickers for the sentiment and added trim.  The focal image really needed no other embellishments.  There is gorgeous colorful inspiration by my DT sisters on the Challenge Blog so be sure hop on over and have a look.  And don't forget to scroll down for our Winner's Post, as well.  On Facebook, our February challenge is Everything's Coming Up Roses, so we hope you join us there, as well.

I'm entering this in the Come and Get It Birthdays Challenge, 613 Avenue Create ATG/optional RAK Day, Digi Galore ATG, Kitty Bee Favorite Color Combo (red, black, white), Outlawz Paper a la Mode Fantasy, Craft for the Craig  Birthday, Dream Valley Favorite Color Combo (red, black, white)and Quick Quotes Red and White.

9 comments:

  1. Beautifull done, my favorite color also !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love this elegant card Donna!! it's absolutely gorgeous hun.
    Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Donna, fab card layout and stunning colouring as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! All the amazing detail is downright fabulous! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Red with black and white is so striking and you've taken it all to the next level with this gorgeous make, Donna! Love the little dot detail on the poppy petals - so fun! The scroll design die cut is such a beautiful compliment to the image. Thank you so much for the stunning inspiration for our new challenge at Aurora Wings!!

    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty! Love red, black and white combo. Gorgeous image. Thanks for sharing at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card, of course, it is nice to see some things only get better, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artsy and fun project! Love he image and design. Thank you for taking part in CFTC challenge. Hugs! Sylwia DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!