Sunday, February 1, 2015

Special Steampunk Stamp Post for Gecko Galz


WooHoo!  The Gecko Galz are celebrating an article in the Quick Cards Made Easy Feb magazine featuring the Gecko Galz Industrial Digi stamps so we all thought it would be fun to make some projects with them.  My first project is a tag combining 2 of the stamps.  Each was cropped in my Printmaster Program and printed multiple times so I could fussy cut and and decoupage the image for maximum dimension.



The bell jar was printed on four layers of printable acetate, regular white card stock, as well as matte silver metallic card stock and fussy cut and layered.  The inside foliage was colored green in my program and I also colored and the tiny butterflies with Copics and adhered them to the layers inside.



The woman was printed 3 times on white and once on matte silver metallic and colored, cut and layered as well.  She was cropped just below the top part of her skirt to layer onto the bell jar.  The Steampunk Heart die cut is from Cheery Lynn.



The striped Design paper is from the Gecko Galz Steampunk Digital Paper pack. The die cut behind is Memory Box and I've added a number of Tim Holtz Gears and Mini Gears.

The Steampunk Butterfly is also from Cheery Lynn and the sentiment is done with Tim Holtz stickers. This project sort of wore me out, but not before making some all digital creations with the stamps as well.


Steampunk is always great for male cards, don'tcha think?  I used my Printmaster Platinum program to resize, color and layer four of the stamps here.


And finally, a little bit of Steampunk humor.  Again, all digital using 3 of the stamps and my own computer generated sentiment.  So fun and FLAT for mailing.  WooHoo!  My DT sisters had as much fun as I did working with these fabulous stamps, so be sure to check out the Gecko Galz Blog for tons of inspiration.

I'm entering my tag in the TTPH ATG#76 Challenge, A Gem of a Challenge Lots of Layers, and Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers Snarker's Choice ("S" is for Steampunk).



12 comments:

  1. I love all these cards... note to self get that stamp set... and I will be chuckling to myself all day about your eye to eye card, so clever, I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, do you know what happened to Margie? She used to join you hear. Can you message me, pennyslight at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All your steampunk pieces rock! I love all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really rocked the steampunk digis! There's so much creativity here in the combining of the different stamps, and dimension techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...great fussy cut creation! Your tag is wonderful! Love those cards too...I think you're right...steampunk would be great for masculine cards...I'll have to keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This tag is all kinds of awesome! So totally steampunk, so much work, and so worth it for the final result. I love the cards, too, and such a perfect sentiment you came up with for the last one. So glad you joined the anniversary fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy crow! That tag is amazing! Look at all those layers! The cards are so fun! Thanks for joining in our anniversary fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WOW WOW!! Donna...that tag is ALL kinds of steampunky goodness!!! Fab job all round!! Thanks so much for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for the "Snarker's Choice" challenge to help us celebrate our first blogiversary / birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous steampunk style from you! Lots of layering and fussy cutting for your tag. Egads! I do so love the "eye to eye" card also. Thanks for playing along at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous I am a huge Steampunk fan. Thanks for joining us at SoSS for our Snarker's Choice challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WoWza !! Super stunning - especially the top one with the woman on it :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!