Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Smudgefest Day 3 Wet Wednesday


Well, I'm starting to sweat it a little.  Today didn't go exactly as planned but i'm happy to say I managed another day of Smudgefest with the theme of "Wet Wednesday" .  I'm kinda timid about using mixed media, especially inky stuff that can be dropped and splattered all over the place.  First of all, I need to carry it all down to the kitchen, because my craft room has no available space for such nonsense. Second, I have a tendency to want everything to go perfectly as I envision the very first time which is rarely the case.



First attempt with Dylusions Spray in Post Box Red through a produce bag and then oversprayed with water in a Mini Mister.


Second attempt, again Dylusions though the mesh which I then turned and sprayed with Dylusions Black.  It seemed to turn brown with the mixture.  Not pleased.  Third attempt was so hideous I didn't even take a pic.  Switched gears and used blues and greens to do an underwater scene and it ended it up a mess, but I finally did decide on a stamp and abandoned the sprays altogether, et voila!

This time I did the old run your Distress Ink pads (Broken China and Tumbled Glass) across your craft mat, spritz it with water and mop it up.  The stamp and sentiment are from the Smeared Ink Abyss rubber set, stamped in Forest Green StazOn (because I couldn't find my black, but I like it better anyway).  The details in this set are amazing!  After stamping, I dipped the top of the mini mister in Tumbled Glass and stamped bubbles and the darker ones are with an air dart with Broken China.  Gotta say, I was thrilled, but it took up the majority of my day and I've got 2 DT things due Friday and another project due Saturday.  Hope I can keep this up too.  Up for grabs are exclusive new digis that won't be available until Smeared Ink opens it's doors again.  Can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for making my day!