Friday, April 22, 2016

New Release(s) at The East Wind


It's Friday, so that must mean we have a fabulous new release at The East Wind.  Actually, there's  THREE and I've used TWO of them  in my card.  The adorable gal is Aurora 'Little Baker' and behind her is Love Kitchen.  I wanted to use the two together, but printed them separately to make my little scene.  You actually can buy the images already together as well, HERE, but I had plans to move and manipulate the scale for my design and with the two separate, I had lots of options for future projects as well.

So what's with all the cats?  Well, Aurora's tee shirt has a kitty on it (which looked a lot like the logo I made up as a child for my "Red Cats Club") AND I thought the cookies could just as easily be cat treats.  A kitty is perched on the shelf of Love Kitchen, so why not give him some friends?  Cats have been my favorite animal since I picked out my very first kitten at age 4.  They're independent, but loving and I can't imagine ever being without one, or two, or three.  The small kitties are all from an Impression Obsession die and the large pouncing cat is a Memory Box die.  I'm thinkin' this is what my friend Ike's kitchen looks like with all her resident kitties, and besides, I wanted to link it up to Ike's SUYP (cat's only challenge) which this month is Furrything Goes.

Okay, so I'm gettin' kinda chatty here, but I gotta say, I love how this turned out.  It's my fave color scheme and I had fun playing with the retro checks digi paper from AMBillustrations.  I think the tan mat looks like a butcher block counter and gave me another space to add KITTIES!  The sentiment is a rub on from Melissa Frances.



Here's a closeup of Aurora 'Little Baker'.  She's colored with Copics with the silver baking sheet done with Prismacolor pencils.  I've paper pieced her apron to match her kitchen and fussy cut her without a border to add her to the background.



And here's Love Kitchen.  To be honest, coloring the entire background intimidated me a bit, so I printed it once and left it uncolored, then used the NB png version to add the checkered wall behind and cropped that into a heart. After cutting out the heart, I colored what was left of the image, again with Copics and pencils, and glued it on the uncolored image for a heart shaped "spotlight"  affect.  To balance the card, I added some punched photo corners and adhesive beads.  Wouldn't you just LOVE a kitchen that was red, black and white like this?  I'd redecorate in a heartbeat if I didn't have green granite counter tops.


Here are of all the important links you need.

I'm also entering this in the As You Like it Favorite Animal and Why challenge (explained up  in paragraph 2), Craft Rocket Favorite Color Combo (Red, Black and White), Crafting with an Attitude ATG, 613 Avenue Create ATG ,  DL.Art April Linky Challenge, Brown Sugar ATG, Creative Fingers ATG (3/3), 4 Crafty Chicks "F" is for Food,  Cre8tive Hands ATG, TTRCD April 19th-25th ATG, Quirky Crafts It's Raining Cats and Dogs, LTSCB #76 ATG (2/3) and the Outlawz Saturday Paper a la Mode With Heart Challenge

13 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by me Blog with such a lovely message. This is one beautiful card. Happyt Weekend Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by me Blog with such a lovely message. This is one beautiful card. Happyt Weekend Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME - such amazing kitty-ness :-D Your colouring is always fabulous Donna and I really love how you left the kitchen white and set everything off with the super checkerboard. :-D
    You can never be without a few kitties around but I must admit that sometimes my kitchen looks a bit like this - they even get right up on top of the wall cupboards !!!! The minute I turn my back there's someone on the counter or snuggled behind the toaster !! Even strips of sticky tape doesn't stop them getting up there.
    Hey - ho........... cat fluff is the new condiment then LoL Good job there's only me and the dog eating my food hahahaha

    Thank you very much for purring along to SUYP with this lovely creation.

    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute retro kitchen TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, love your colour combo and the image too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at As You Like It,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, nice coloring and fun card for our challenge. Thanks for entering our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks.
    Leanne DT/4CC

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! What a great card Donna I just love the red white and black so retro you rocked this on my friend. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes APRIL Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donna, this is such a delightful retro image! Love the checkerboard checks and all the kitties. Great job on our challenge theme. Really happy to see you entering our "Raining Cats and Dogs" challenge at Quirky Crafts this month.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your colour scheme. sweet card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 colors that go great together. Love all the kitties! Lots of work went into this card, wow. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Donna, Congrats on winning the Crackerbox Palace prize at Quirky Crafts for the April challenge! http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/ Hugs, NC

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, and like you, I've not been without a kitty for about 40 years.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    My Mum's Craft Shop,
    In The Pink Challenge
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!