Saturday, May 21, 2016

Because He Loooves Me!


The new FB Contest begins on The East Wind Group FB page with the theme of "Crop it".  I'll admit I kind of cheated here because we were supposed to take an image and crop it to just show the face on your project but Lucy Loo 'bobbed' is already just a head shot.  Oops, my bad!  But there was a reason I chose the image.  It sort of looks like me (well, perhaps a 30 years younger version of me, but the hair is pretty close). I got all "artsy" with the background for a change using Dylusions Sprays through a mesh potato sack, the image and sentiment were cut with a Spellbinders Deckle rectangle and oval and inked with Distress, and finally, the piece de resistance (sorry, I can't put the appropriate accents on here, but pronounce it in French, please) I actually used an Indigo Blu RUBBER stamp and stamped the heart on top.  Yea, ME!



Anyway, It all started with the sentiment I found on Ginger's House. She generously gives away the most amazing sentiments EVER and when I saw this one I got all misty.  Gotta say my emotions have been all over the map lately and I'll be the first to admit I can be a "handfull" (at best).  Yet my man takes it all in stride, makes me laugh, lightens my load, and never, and I mean NEVER, forgets to tell me I'm beautiful (even with no makeup, glasses, ratty pajamas and Uggs) because he looooves me, unconditionally.  xxxxxxx  Thank you, my love.  I'm smiling, are you? 



Yikes!  Got a little more personal than I've been in awhile.  Not all that worried about it though, I'm guessing 99% of my viewers don't make it through the first paragraph.  Anyway, Here's a closeup of Lucy Loo 'bobbed'.  I spent almost as much time coloring her with Copics as my stylist spends on my own hair.  LOL Hey Debbie, do you think I should grow out my bangs?

Okay then.  That's more than enough from me today, but please go check out the fabulous projects from my teamies HERE and come play along.  If you're not a member of The East Wind FB Group what the heck are you waiting for?  Ask to join, already.
Here are of all the important links you need.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Donna - this is just AWESOME and definitely makes me think of you !!! :-D The colouring is stunning and that is a fabulous senti. It's lovely to read how your Man loves you like this and you make a super couple. I am sure he always sees just how beautiful you actually are :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, I absolutely love your treatment of this image. Great coloring and the collaged background really adds visual interest! Thanks for playing with us again this week at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, thank you for joining us at crafting with friends, what a beauty ! lovely colours and a very strong card/sketch. Hug Patricia (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. I love the hair. Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sentiment. The girl does remind me of you. So funny. I love the background you created. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes Linky Challenge. Katie-DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. She a sassy girl! Love the red hair

    Thanks for joining us at ID this time

    Dt tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for Crafting in a beautiful mess challenge 2, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love your colouring, stunning hair, thank you for sharing with us at Crafting with an Attitude - good luck
    Lyn - DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for making my day!